The state of Indiana required testing (ILEARN) is new this year. Below is the link to resources for parents posted on the Indiana Department of Education. This is our testing schedule at FMS:
- April 22-26 8:30-10:30 a.m. ALL 8th Graders
- April 29-May 3 8:30-10:30 a.m. ALL 7th Graders
- May 6-May 14 8:30-10:30 a.m. ALL 6th Graders
ILEARN Resources for Families
Below are a few tips to follow:
The week before:
- Move any scheduled appointments to a date outside testing week or to the afternoons if possible.
- Discuss the upcoming test and what may be happening to help prepare them for it.
The nights before:
- Ensure your student eats a healthy dinner.
- Plan on a normal night’s sleep.
- If stress and anxiety are a problem play a game, go for a walk. Physical and mental activity will help relieve the stress.
The mornings of:
- Have the student up early enough to enable them to prepare without rushing.
- Eat a healthy but not heavy breakfast. Remember all students can eat for free at FMS!!
During the test:
- Breath. As simple as it may seem many of our students find themselves holding their breath creating unnecessary stress and anxiety.
- Help instill confidence. Remind them to think positive thoughts. Get them to “Self talk” (Tell themselves they will do his/her best and they are well prepared for the test). They can do this well!